Friday, July 23, 2010

Strong and sleepy

It's been a while since my last post. School, new job and visiting family have all taken presidence. The good news is I've consistently been working out ever since my cortisine shot. The strange news is, I've gained five pounds and they haven't budged.

The building I work in has a small gym downstairs, so on my lunchbreak, instead of going out to eat or going shopping I've done either cycling, ellipical or both for 25 minutes. Last week I joined the YMCA next to my house and have been swimming most nights after work. In the mornings I stretch and do situps. I feel great...my knee is still stiff, and I am utterly exahusted at the end of each and every day, and a little stymied as to why I'm not losing weight, but that's not stopping me.

I found a teeny little journal, just bigger than a book of matches that my mom gave me a long time ago, so I'm going to start using that as my food, water and activity journal. It's encouraging to see how much physical activity and water I can drink in a day, and when I write down literally everything I eat, it makes me think twice about snacking. IT doesn't always stop me from having chips or a piece of chocolate, but by writing it down I'm more concious and then more likley to push myself a little harder during my workout.

thats all for now. Because guess what? I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment