Sunday, June 13, 2010

OUCH!

I had to go and get a cortisone shot in my knee yesterday because...well...I'm not sure why. I mean, I do and I don't know why. As it turns out, I do indeed have arthritis in both knees, only the weird part is, the arthritis in my right knee is worse then the one in my left, yet the left knee is the one giving me so much pain! Anyways, I'm hoping and praying this shot works, because I couldn't walk again yesterday. I can sort of hobble around today. The doctors said it can take a few days to feel the effects of the steroid, so all I can do is wait and see. My mom had a really positive reaction to these shots, so considering that I inherited her knees, I hope I've also inherited her reactions to them.

On a better note, Continuing good work on the weight-loss front! Down 4 lbs from Wed, which puts me at 289.8.

Goals for the upcoming week:

Lose another pound by Wed

Get all homework assignments turned in on time

Do not drink more than one night during the workweek, as drinking alcohol can seriously hinder weight loss, also makes me want to smoke and feel like le poo-poo in the mornings (bad-yuck)

Join a gym with a pool so I can swim (good for the joints)

Remember to take my glucosamine/chondroitin/msm

If knees are feeling up to it, go on elliptical at work three times for 20-25 minutes.

Several small, do-able goals. Trying not tobite off more than I can chew.

No comments:

Post a Comment