Friday, October 30, 2009

Weekly weigh-in, 10/30/2009 290

Starting weight: 303
Goal weight: 150
Last weeks weight: 291
This weeks weight: 290
Pounds lost: 13

Woo-hoo, down a pound. Of course, I'd like to be down more pounds, but considering my work is stashing all their Halloween candy in my office and I just got my period, I am pleased that all in all, I lost.

We had a snow day yesterday. It was really awesome, it reminded me of the days when Dean and I first started dating. We slept in, cleaned the apartment, then trudged to the store, in the storm, for TP (everybody poops, right? Even in a snowstorm). When we came back, two discs of "Mad Men", my new obsession show, had come in the mail, so we spent the evening holed up in the living room watching TV, drinking beer and wine and smoking an occasional cigarette (after all, we had to get into the spirit of the show!)

What I noticed is that when I am at home, I seem to eat less than when I am at work! I had a pretty big lunch, because we'd been cleaning and then went for our snow hike, but the only reason I cooked dinner was because Dean was starving. I always thought people ate more when they were at home, but I wasn't bored, I was busy and entertained. My job isn't exactly challenging, and I end up finding things to eat. Especially since I quit smoking during the day.

I suppose that is something I'll simply have to learn to control. This morning, I packed a lunch with less snacks, to test myself if I was bored or hungry. Of course, there are about 18 pounds of twizzlers three feet behind me, so this might now be the ideal environment to conduct boredom vs. hunger experiments!

No comments:

Post a Comment